8/27/2009

A Smiley for Moujave. Origin of the Hammers. WoM HQ.

Moujave is an op who doesn't tolerate shit from griefers - especially when he's come down with the plague (bronchitis, and / or radiation burns). Late last night, certain members (I forget who they are) decided to go gallivanting around the server, spreading graffiti on different projects. Such intelligent and clever phrases such as "I SUCK COCK" and "HOMO" were littered all over. Normally, when an op applies the spec-hammer / ban-hammer to a griefer, they simply get the job done and move on. Moujave, however, had been quiet all night. When he discovered the griefing, he of course promptly undid all of their actions, spec-hammered both members, and then banned them unceremoniously. Then, he tore them a new hole as they were being banned. If I remember correctly, he said something along the lines of "I don't have the patience for their shit today." I chatted him up a bit and discovered he was suffering from a nasty bout of bronchitis. So, I made him a smiley to cheer him up. Get well soon, moujave!
(The sad face was not originally there.)

I should explain the "hammers". Generally when a player acts like a douche, such as griefing, spamming the chat with racist shit, graffiti, etc., the player is demoted to spectator. To non-members, this means that you can watch and chat, but you cannot build or destroy. Really keeps a lid on griefing. When someone gets demoted to spectator, I like to holler "SPEC-HAMMER!" Really helps rub the fail in their face. =)

The same applies to banning, except I holler "BAN-HAMMER!"


I have worked for a few days on a large skyscraper, which I later dubbed "WoM HQ". The digging was painstaking, and I received little help for it (Joman666 and madk helped... if I left you out, please tell me). THE OPS DIDN'T LOVE ME ENOUGH TO DESTROY ALL THE DIRT! ;_;

I set my skyscraper in the ground to help make it taller. The building was inspired by Vancouver's Sheraton Wall Centre. I spent a few hours making the jagged fang reaching into the sky, and the curved glass ceiling.












The glass on my skyscraper is a bit uneven... it is slightly larger on one side, and smaller on the other.

This is the skyscraper itself, the World of Minecraft Headquarters. To enter, you must descend down some stairs (not pictured), or you can hurl yourself to your doom.

This is the entrance to the skyscraper. The windows to the right show you the first and second floors. The third floor windows aren't shown very well. Just walk right through the gold doors to enter.

This is the grand foyer. The red desk is the security desk, with white PC's. The blue and green blocks above are wave art.

This office shows a nice view of the tree and flowers outside.

These are the offices for human resources.

These are the first elevators I ever built. When you enter, you will see roman numerals denoting the floor you're on.

This is the sales floor, on Floor 3. This is where all of you underpaid wage-monkeys are chained to uncomfortable, restricting desks and glued to computers for profit. =)

In the previous picture, there is a gold elevator on the left side of the image. It's the executive elevator leading to floors 4, 5, and 6, restricted to executives and VIP's only. Trespassers will be immediately burnt alive. This elevator pictured here is on the 6th floor, which is the CEO Suite.

This is the board room on the 4th floor. The table is neutrally colored, and there is a wall-mounted screen on the left for teleconferencing.

This is one of the executive suites, with a green desk, orange armchair and a bookshelf.

This is a spacious executive suite on the 5th floor, with a large black desk and blue sofa.

This is a gold and oak bureau rests in the CEO suite on the 6th floor. To the right is a large blue armchair, and behind the desk is a chair made of cherry wood and black Italian leather.

ONLY in the executive suite is a minibar. I think the other executives sneak up here sometimes to sneak a sip.

I was given a less than brief critique on the hotel... the hotel's color scheme is too bland. There's too much gray and black being used, and Oni also said it's "too different"... I'm afraid I don't know what that means!

Some of the ops have said that members or guests often blow up at critiquing... I've been an artist for a long time, and to me, the ops' critiquing is rather nice. When you get told several times to "GTFO WITH THAT SHIT PAINTING" or "Wtf do you think you're doing, you really think you're an artist dragging this trash in here?" I think here is where I've had the nicest critiques.

Just don't take critiques too personally. Use them as stepping stones to not being so fail. I'M SORRY, I meant to make your projects even better! =D

1 comment:

  1. I guess I missed the CEO suite, it looks great, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete