8/25/2009

Sanctuary. Villa Redux. A New Friend.

The griefing of my villa had left a bitter taste in my mouth. I had not yet taken at least a cursory screenshot of my little creation before some jackasses gleefully took it apart. But that's behind me now. I have come to an understanding: your average griefer will be some lonely loser pleading for attention, or perhaps some weird dude who never bathes and peeks in on his sister while she's showering.

Actually, I just made that up. But you'll never know if it's true or not =)

I hopped on to the World of Minecraft server (soon to be locked and have a new server started, as it was full) to have a look around. Newcomers are immediately deposited into a customs-and-immigration style building within a red-walled courtyard. As I quickly learned, the courtyard is for guests, who are non-members of worldofminecraft.com. Guests may build at their leisure, and the server is almost always heavily policed by ops who don't look twice at applying the ban-hammer and spec-hammer on griefing.

Outside of the courtyard is a massive area where members and builders may build whatever they desire, as long as there is no offensive content, such as swastikas or massive penises. Massive penises? What's the deal with that? I suppose some fellows are short-changed in that department. Compensating for something? And what's up with the swastikas I see all over the place, on multiple servers? I am thinking, there's a lot of people out there who really like manji, or there are a lot of white supremacists.

I strolled around, looking at all of the strange and wonderful things that the members were building. Of course there were more gigantic video game sprites, but there were also strange sculptures that defied reason and logic. That's not necessarily a bad thing, from an artistic perspective! =)

Lastly, there is a large field encased in a blue fence, where only builders may make their creations. In World of Minecraft, a builder has a blue name, and gains that rank by building epic creations that make people shit bricks.

A server virtually untouched by griefers, where creative minds can come together??? I had finally found my sanctuary. I immediately signed up (Member name is SYNTAX_ERROR if you want to look me up), and was approved by an admin that was currently on. My creations were safe at last.

I started work on my villa again, except I made a few modifications due to space limitations. Imo, this new version is better. I did my standard 2 br w/ balconies and office, dining room w/ 7 seater table. However, I raised the ceiling height in the dining room and included floor-to-ceiling windows. The front door is through a smaller kitchenette adjacent to the dining room, and the living room is upon a loft that is above the kitchenette. Out the front door is a path that leads around the villa to a small private beach and a wine cellar under the home.

This is the front of the villa. In case you are wondering, it is tightly wedged between a convenience store and a church. Just to the left of where I took this screenie is a tank firing rounds. It's a good neighborhood, I promise!

Just through the front door, you enter the small kitchen. There is a sink and a traditional two-layered stone oven.

This is the 7-seater dining table. The dining room ceiling is vaulted and high, and there are tall floor-to-ceiling windows that allow you a view of the church and Kenny, from South Park, with his long penis. Penis not shown in the picture.

Behind the dining table is an entryway to a deck that wraps around the villa.

Above the kitchen is the living room loft.

This is the living room loft. Before you is a bayview window overlooking the street below and the land beyond, and the window to the right shows the church.

There's more to the villa, but you'll have to see it yourself =)



After working on the villa, I hopped out and met Joman666. When he mentioned building a temple to Satan right outside of my villa, I just couldn't resist! A quaint Satanic shrine would complement the gigantic Kenny from South Park and the convenience store practically latched to my home. We worked together, building a small, golden pyramid upon the entrance, and then digging downwards to create a series of catacombs containing a bedroom, set-in bath, a garden for CULINARY mushrooms, and the shrine itself. The shrine contained a small marble platform with a large, upside-down lava cross and of course, flowers to compliment. What self-respecting Satanic shrine wouldn't have pretty flowers to dress things up a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment