9/24/2009

WINRAR. Magic Maze.

The following build was made by Scoopade, epic winner of the WoM contest!


A villainous lair rests over a moat of lava...


... can the hero safely cross, and save the day?


If you're not careful, it's a long drop into a fiery doom!


Scoopade
's dedication to detail in such a short time is uncanny. Here, lava floes drift lazily down the side of the craggy mountainside.


Lava plummets angrily from higher up, giving a more dramatic air to this wonderful build.


Across the rickety bridge is the entrance to the lair of the evil villain that terrorizes the land!
... actually, I have no idea if this was a villainous lair, I just made shit up lol =) Scoopade's creation was my favorite. Throughout the contest, I always came back to play around in the lava, on the bridge and the mountains, to see where the lava went. Scoopade worked very hard at this, but the rewards were great. Now he is $5 richer and OWNS THE MOON. O_O


This has been a long time in posting, but on WoM's "Canyon" map (go to WoM's main server and type /museum canyon to go to the map), I created a sprawling magic maze. I love mazes, but I get tired of seeing the same old 1-block wide narrow tunnel style of mazes. I wanted something fresh and new and gave this concept a stab: What if the maze were a labyrinth of strange rooms? What if the correct rooms had to be traversed in order to reach the end?

Thus, I made the magic maze... magic because the lava-filled doorways prevented you from seeing the next room, and magic because each room was different and unusual. I will post a few rooms here, but not all of them! If you want, check it out for yourself. You do not have to complete it, because it's also fun just to explore! =)


This is the none-too-sutble entrance to the magic maze.


Which door leads to destiny?


A meadow-room, underground? What is the meaning of this?


The maze works its strange enchantments to turn an entire room upside-down!


A strange, night-time room with floating platforms to jump across!


So many doors down such a bizarre pit!!


A giant toilet?!

There are many more rooms than are shown here, and even a well-hidden secret. Feel free to check it out, and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. you made this maze!?!! i had so much fun exploring it! it was one of my fav things on this map! i think i actually saw u finishing it - when u were just working on venice, am i right? i think i was just a guest then lol. didnt even have hacks. it was a lot of fun. :D

    oredds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your name is Oliver? That is awesome n_n
    Thank you oredds, your words are very kind. I just wanted to make something for everyone to have fun =)

    I wanted to try something different, I am glad I succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup lol. the secrets out :O Oliver is what the "O" in o-redds stands for. "redds" stands for my last name Redding. O-redds is my nickname, what all my mates call me lol.

    yeh thats what i like about the maze. it was so different! i had a nightmare on the doors in the bizarre pit tho lol. i had no hacks and wasnt good at jumping. but i kept trying just to see what was through that last damn door lol. that made it that much more rewarding when i finally reached the end!

    ReplyDelete