9/07/2009

Hoops. Architect. Underbridge Dogfight.

When I designed the vault of the bank robbery, I initially created two large hoops; one for the door, and one for the vault. While crafting the robbery, players seemed to take great joy in flying through the hoops. So, I thought... why not make a game where you fly through hoops?


In Hoops, the objective is to fly through the hoops and tunnels in order at x2 flying speed, as determined by the
WoM Custom Client. Some users have a lot of difficulty with this, so you can just go through at normal speed. Sometimes when you fly through a hoop, the next hoop will be a different altitude. I put directions on different hoops if you need to raise or lower your altitude to help the player. Here is an example of hoops leading up to the snake tunnel. This is the entrance to the psychadelic snake tunnel. I DON'T CARE IF SNAKES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE FANGS ON THEIR LOWER JAW. BURN IN HELL! X( The inside of the snake tunnel. Right outside of the snake tunnel is the beginning of the "Goatse" tunnel. Fly into the, *ahem* Goatse to proceed with the race. Down the Goatse is an undersea tunnel with lava rings. Unfortunately, this is where the Hoops game ends. The server was reset and the Hoops game is now read-only, never to be completed. ARGH, TRIDDIN! X( I went to bed shortly after the completion of the snake tunnel. When I logged back on the next morning to work on the Goatse tunnel, the mods online surprised me yet again: "Syn! /status SYNTAX_ERROR!" This brought on another string of "OMG WTF'S IT'S ONLY A SNAKE TUNNEL"... but now I can comfortably say I'm enjoying the /fill commands. I would not have minded taking my time with building, but I am thankful.

The new server is a large canyon. Many players have already built bridges spanning the two sides together... under the bridges, I had a little bit of fun.


Here, the Red Baron is chasing after an allied pilot. Also not part of my creation is the turret on the bottom left, shooting at the Red Baron.


This is the allied bi-plane.


This is the Red Baron's tri-plane, with very fail iron crosses on the wings. There are a lot of fun and simple things that can be done with Minecraft other than your standard, run-of-the-mill house, skyscraper, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment